Drawing Comics The Marvel Way

I've always loved comics. I drew a lot of them when I was younger.
Ages later I was really happy to bump into this book at a comic book store:



Draw Comics The Marvel Way
How To Draw Comics The Marvel Way



I checked what's inside and I really liked what I saw. But on the other hand I was also thinking: sure, it's all nice and everything, but there are already very nice drawings to be made not so far from the very beginning. I always drew in a more simple cartoony style, and learning to draw more realistic is way above my skills... right? This kept me busy for a couple of months. After getting tired of self-struggling, I decided to buy this book (4 months earlier I am writing this). Worst case, it is going to be a nice decoration on the bookshelf.
Luckily this is not the case. After a few days being busy with reading the book, and watching the video version which I found on youtube, I went to the nearby supermarket, bought some simple HB pencils, drawing pad (not the digital but the paper one!), an eraser, and I started drawing.
I am having a lot of fun with this book ever since. In the upcoming posts, which are labeled as "Marvel Way", I will show my results. I am really doing EVERYTHING -and even more- they tell in the book, but I am just going to post the more spectacular results.
And who knows? Maybe later this series of posts is going to be a nice diary how I became a very great comic artist!

Comments