Learning The Marvel Way 2 - Figures

In this chapter, the book explains how to draw figures: starting with the stick figures, adding the primitive shapes like cubes, cylinders etc., and finally fleshing out.

I copied these pics below all by starting with the stick figure etc, etc, so I didn't just 'copy the lines', like I would have done it a few months ago.
My drawings are presented in a  chronological order, and I am happy to see improvements already!
Captain America is... hmmm, not too great (even though I was very happy with it at the time), Dr Doom is okay, and the rest is rather good I think.

By the way, at this point I went to buy a nice pencil sharpener machine, since my simple manual one just didn't work. I have no regrets ever since.


I guess there will be a time soon, when I look back at these drawings and wonder, why I was so happy with myself. I hope that will happen soon!
After these I will be trying to draw some figures on my own, so hang on, because things are going to get ugly!

Comments