Comics on the company blog #3




A new comic of mine has been published on the company techblog. It's a little gag, you might not even get it unless you are familiar in the world of software development. Let's see how it was done, and what happened.
After deciding on the composition and searching for some Fred Flintstone and corresponding mammoth pictures on the net, I made this picture with a pencil in a notebook, and then inked it with my fine liners.

Then I scanned it in, and colored it with Sketchbook Pro.
But after showing it some colegues said that this might count as violation of copyright.
After having a little conversation with the company legal advisor, I have been convinced that it's safer not to put Fred there. Drawing someone in The Flintstones style should be okay. (I wanted to keep this style, so the gag works a bit better)

So after checking some pictures for random citizens in The Flintstones Universe, I made this guy.
After digitally erasing Fred from behind the desk, I inked this guy also digitally over the scanned in sketch, and coloured it. I also 'photoshopped' the mammoth's trunk under the desk, so it looks like more that it's stuck under there. Before it looked like it just goes in the desk or something.

Comments