Learning The Marvel Way 6 - Drawing the human head - Good guys




 Before I started working on the comics for the Fumetto comic contest I did the first section of the "Drawing the Human Head" chapter: Faces of good guys:

The book encourages to draw a dummy head first to make it easier to place it in space, in any angle. Before that, I always sketch a box where I can "sculpture" the head itself. It helps to keep the perspective correct. When that looks good, you are ready to render the details. They also explain a little bit how the parts on the face (like eyes, nose etc...) are aligned.



I copied all the good guy faces that was in the book. Just like they say it's a formalised task, so it's good to practice the "idealised" face. As it can be seen, it didn't start easy but I got the hang of it later on.
The next section will be about drawing bad guy faces. Looking forward to share the results!

Comments