Urban Sketch 2

I went to the meetup I mentioned in the previous post. It was really nice, we just sat in the middle of the square together with the group and drew what we liked. Some people drew people, some the houses, some individual objects like a lamp post. I went for the houses.
On the spot (which was 2 hours), I just pencilled the basic forms, and started to ink the details right away. I more or less could finish the middle part under the first 2 skyscrapers.
Before leaving I just took a photo and finished the rest, which took extra 2-4 hours. This is the result:


Not bad at all! I did not always draw exactly what I saw, sometimes I just simplified, or drew something slightly different. I also accidentally missed some things out, but I just carried on. The goal is to make a nice cosy picture.

Comments