Learning the Marvel Way 9 - Composition

In this chapter the book explains the basics of composing a picture. Quite basic stuff, like imagine and compose basic shapes on the whole picture and then try to group all the characters you want there. There were a lot of examples, I didn't copy all of them.


This one! It has several mistakes, but still it's one of the most complex single picture I've ever drawn!




And the end of the chapter they also explain a little bit how the camera angle should be set to introduce more drama. They are showing good and bad examples of a whole page sequence to show the difference. I just studied those pictures, but didn't copy them.

I'm slowly but steadily I'm reaching the end of this book! There is only 3 chapters left. "Draw Your Own Comicbook Page!", "The Comicbook Cover!" and "The Art of Inking!"



Comments